Top Sledding Hills in D.C.:
- BREAKING NEWS: Capitol Hill is opening for sledding this weekend! Thanks to Senator Chris Dodd, the Architect of the Capitol has opened these grounds for sledding for this long Presidents' Day weekend - be sure to go and take pics! This is a very rare opportunity as the Hill has been closed since 9/11.
- In Georgetown, the hill at the very back of Montrose Park (R Street at 31st)
- In Cleveland Park, Rock Creek Park, down by Tilden and Park Streets
- In Foxhall, Battery Kemble Park
- Where do you go sledding in your neighborhood?
- Art in the Snow: Snow people are classic, and snow forts are essential, but have you tried snow art? Flatten a section of snow and spatter/spray/fling food coloring on to it
- Best hot chocolate in D.C.: bar none, the hot chocolate at Kafe Leopolds is pure liquid heaven
- Try a spa day at home; it's easy to pull together with what you've already got in the house:
- Set up a spa in her bathroom by bringing in a comfy chair and a step stool and drape towels over them, light scented candles (put a tea light in a glass with a little water in it), and playing her favorite tunes on the radio or iPod speaker
- Wear comfy robes and flip flops and wrap her up in a towel turban
- Fill a small bowl with warm soapy water and some marbles for her to soak her fingers in before the manicure; fill the tub part way with scented bubble bath and scatter any rose petals leftover from Valentines' Day on top for her to soak her feet in
- Since it's a long weekend, have fun painting each nail a different color; we love Zoya nail polishes as they are formaldehyde and toluene-free
- Cook! We recently posted recipes for confetti Jell-O and homemade marshmallows, and we are HUGE fans of Chef Spike Mendelsohn's Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake (from Good Stuff Eatery on Capitol Hill)